Cox and the Vegas Golden Knights Foundation have teamed up to help support Clark County School District educators with grants that upgrade their internet and technology tools as they teach students through distance learning.
Cox salutes our CCSD teachers by providing a way to improve the at-home virtual teaching experience. A select group will be given the opportunity to upgrade their internet and technology tool FREE through the 2020/2021 school year. Please click on the Click To Apply link to get started.
Cox/VGK Teacher Education Grants OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Entry. To apply/enter the Cox/VGK Teacher Education Grants complete the official Cox/VGK Teacher Education Grants application at this link: COX/VGK GRANT Limit one application per teacher.
Your submission of an application certifies that you satisfy all eligibility requirements and have read and complied with all of the Official Rules of this Grant Process and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsors and CCSD teacher selection.
All applications must be completed via the application form and submitted as directed. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or illegible applications will be disqualified. Sponsors will not be responsible for failure to receive applications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsors, or Sponsors’ application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all applications will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account indicated on the application, provided that such person satisfies all other Grant eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account.
All applications become property of the Sponsors. Any questions regarding the number of applications submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, and Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any applications by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsors determine to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Teacher Education Grants.
3. Teacher Education Grant Period. Applications will be accepted from 9/4/2020 through 9/18/2020 (the “Application Period”). All applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on 9/18/2020.
4. Eligibility Requirements. Subject to conditions below, the Teacher Education Grants are open to legal residents of Clark County, Nevada who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry; a current employed teacher of the Clark County School District practicing virtual education from home and residing within the Cox service area. The following persons are not eligible participate in this Teacher Education Grants: employees of Sponsors, its respective affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, the immediate family members of all such employees and all others with whom they are domiciled.
5. Education Grant. Up to (100) Clark County School District teachers will receive a) complimentary upgraded internet service for up to 9 months for the 2020/2021 school year. Upgraded High Speed Internet level based on network/node capabilities in the teachers’ neighborhoods. New accounts are responsible for standard credit checks and possible deposits. All accounts are responsible for timely payments for additional services (if applicable) and any data usage charges above the 1.25 terabytes allowed per account. Complimentary services are nontransferable and expire on June 30, 2021. Account will transition to a regular paid status unless teachermakes changes to the account prior to July 1, 2021. Maximum estimated value of internet service is: $131,000. In addition, the same (up to 100) Clark County School District teachers will receive a $250-$500 financial grant from the Vegas Golden Knights Foundation. Each selected teacher will receive a gift card ranging from $250-$500, with a total estimate retail value of up to $50,000.
A Grant Recipient may waive the right to receive an Education Grant. No substitutions or cash equivalents allowed, except that all Grants are subject to availability and Cox Las Vegas and/or the Vegas Golden Knights Foundation may substitute a Grant or Grant component of equal or greater value. Grant Recipient is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a Grant. Grant Recipient may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsors for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a Grant. Grant Recipients are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on grant value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the grant value determined by Sponsors. Grants not won and claimed by eligible recipients in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsors. The Teacher Education Grant is nontransferable and non-assignable.
6. Selection of Grant Recipient; Grant Recipient Notification. Up to one hundred (100) provisional grant recipients will be chosen on or before September 30th via a drawing by the Clark County School District School-Community Partnership Program from among all qualified applications received during the Teacher Education Grant Period. A CCSD School-Community Partnership Program representative will attempt to notify the provisional grant recipient by telephone within twenty-four (24) hours of the selection. No messages will be left at the telephone number(s) given by provisional grant recipients, and any calls returned by provisional grant recipients via caller identification or similar technology will not be accepted. In order to claim a Grant, a provisional grant recipient must respond to the CCSD Partnership Office notification within 24 hours of notice or attempted notice. If the provisional grant recipient is contacted and notified by telephone within such 24-hour period and complies with these Official Rules, he/she will be declared the official grant recipient (“grant recipient”). If the provisional grant recipient is not reached and notified by telephone within twenty-four (24) hours of the selection, or does not comply with these Official Rules, he/she may be disqualified and the CCSD School-Community Partnership Program may select a substitute provisional grant recipient at random from among all remaining eligible applications. The CCSD School-Community Partnership Program will conduct up to three (3) alternate drawings, after which the Grant will remain unawarded.
Except where prohibited, acceptance of any Grant constitutes the Grant recipient’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsors and their licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
7. Odds. The odds of being a grant recipient depend on the total number of eligible applications received.
8. Grant recipient’s Responsibility. Grant recipient must accept Grant within one day (1) day of notification that he/she has been declared the Grant recipient(s). Failure to accept and take delivery of the Grant within this time period will result in forfeiture of all rights and interest in the Grant. Awarding of a Grant may require the Grant recipient to sign an affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release (“Release”), which must be executed and returned within ten (10) days of sender’s postmark and/or provide proof of residency. Failure to timely execute and return this Release may result in disqualification of Grant recipient and the forfeiture of his or her interest in the Grant and the selection of a substitute provisional grant recipient.
9. Grant recipient List. For name of Official Grant recipient (available after 9/30/2020 and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Cox/VGK Teacher Education Grants, c/o Cox Communications, 1700 Vegas Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89106.
10. General Participation Rules. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors and any judges or administrators selected by Sponsors, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Teacher Education Grants as solely determined by Sponsors. In the event the grant process is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Teacher Education Grant, Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Teacher Education Grant. Should the Teacher Education Grants be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsors reserve the right to award Grants based on the applications received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsors.
11. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE TEACHER EDUCATION GRANTS, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSORS, VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS FOUNDATION INC., BLACK KNIGHT SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT LLC, COX COMMUNICATIONS, INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND GRANT SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE TEACHER EDUCATION GRANTS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE TEACHER EDUCATION GRANTS; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY GRANT; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE TEACHER EDUCATION GRANTS OR ANY GRANT.
12. Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE TEACHER EDUCATION GRANTS, PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS TEACHER EDUCATION GRANTS, INCLUDING THE GRANT(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT THE SPONSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE GRANT(S) AND THE SPONSORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE TEACHER EDUCATION GRANTS; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE TEACHER EDUCATION GRANTS; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE TEACHER EDUCATION GRANTS, THE PROCESSING OF APPLICATIONS, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY PROVISIONAL GRANT RECIPIENT; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE TEACHER EDUCATION GRANTS OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF GRANT.
Only the number of grants stated in these Official Rules are available to be won in the Teacher Education Grants. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of grants as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsors reserve the right to award the grants by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible grant claims.
13. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
14. Disputes. As a condition of entering, participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Teacher Education Grants or any grant awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Clark County, Nevada.
15. Sponsors. Teacher Education Grants sponsors are Cox Communications Inc, 1700 Vegas Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89106, and The Vegas Golden Knights Foundation 1550 S. Pavilion Center Drive, Las Vegas, NV.